This is a procedural gold-plated material for Blender. It works best in Cycles and Eevee. With the patina and the slightly decayed look it makes it seem like the objects are already older and used. Maybe something ancient even?
- 🪨Gold material with Patina
- 🎚️Adjustable decay and scale!
- 🪶100% procedural, seamless and lightweight
- 🗽Works especially great on statues (try for yourself on some free ones from https://threedscans.com/)
💵🔙 If you are unhappy with something I am always open for feedback and there is a 100% money-back guarantee, just shoot me an email!
This material requires your models to be UV unwrapped. There is a quick way to do it if you don't want to do it manually. Here's how:
- Select your model.
- Switch into edit mode (TAB key)
- Select all vertices, edges, or faces (A key) - now they should all turn orange.
- Click on UV menu (or press U key)
- Click on Smart UV Project
- Press OK in the popped-up menu.
Now, this material should work seamlessly!
In the material values, both the decays require values between 0 and 1.0, above will not change anything.
You can use the material on commercial projects.
It's not allowed to repackage and resell or give it away without my explicit written permission!
I created this material while I was working on rendering the patterns I created for a particular ancient civilization's illustration.
At this point, it didn't have the patina yet and the little scaly plates. This is the material that is only called "GOLD" if you import it.
Have fun! And as always share what you create with me on Twitter: @justgoscha and I will share it far and wide! :)
If you like this one, check out my other shader, too:
Gold Plated Material.blend